Sole Proprietorship (EZ)
A Sole Proprietorship is the simplest and most common structure chosen to start a business. It is an unincorporated business owned and run by one individual with no distinction between the business and you, the owner. You are entitled to all profits and are responsible for all your business’s debts, losses and liabilities.
The Sole Proprietorship is reserved for locals (Arubans) or people who are considered local. When the owner of the Sole Proprietorship is born in Aruba with the Dutch nationality and at least 18 of age, he/she is exempted from the business license requirement and can make an appointment to register the sole proprietorship at the Aruba Chamber. Registration is completed within 36 hours when presenting at the Chamber with the correct documents.
In case the owner was not born in Aruba but is considered local, first he/she should apply for a business license at the Department of Economic Affairs.
Aruban born Dutch nationals do not require a business license. Any partner that does not comply with that requirement needs to apply for a license before business activities can start.
For additional information on business license application for a Sole Propietorship (EZ), contact the Helpdesk (582-1181 ext. 250) at the Department of Economic Affairs, Commerce and Industry.
Source: Chamber of Commerce and Industry Aruba.Scroll To Top
- Macuto di Compras: 30 september 2022 September 30, 2022
- Guidelines regarding the Business Establishment Ordinance September 23, 2022
- Maximum price list: 17 september 2022 September 23, 2022
- Macuto di Compras: 23 september 2022 September 23, 2022
- Macuto di Compras: 16 september 2022 September 20, 2022
- Maximum price list: 3 september 2022 September 15, 2022